Class 8 English Assignment 6th Week – 2021
Lesson 3: Our daily diet Your Daily Diet
- Make a list of food items you take every day as breakfast, brunch (a meal between breakfast and lunch), lunch, afternoon tea (a small meal you can have in the afternoon) and, dinner and, identify what kinds of food they are. For example- Protein, carbohydrates, etc.
- Decide if your daily diet is balanced. If yes, give reasons.
- If it’s not, explain why not.
Class 8 English Assignment Answer 6th Week – 2021
Food is very important for our body. We can’t live without it. So, we must always have good food. Good food means the right kind of food for good health. It is nutritious. It must contain natural substances that our body needs to grow properly and stay healthy. But we must not eat too much though the food is good. Eating too much is bad for our health. We have to eat only a certain amount of food that our body needs. So, we do not need the same kind of food in the same quantity. It depends on our growth and physical structure. For our good health, we must choose the right food in our daily diet.
The list of food items I take every day-
For breakfast :
- Ruti – Carbohydrate
- Egg – Protein
- Yogurt with fruit or nuts – Vitamin
- Milk – Protein
For brunch :
- Banana – Vitamin
- Bread – Carbohydrate
- Vegetable Rolls – Carbohydrate, Fibre
- Juice – Vitamin, Water
For Lunch :
- Rice – Carbohydrate
- Lentils – Carbohydrate
- Vegetables – Vitamin, Fibre
- Meat, Egg, Fish – Protein
- Salad – Fibre
For Snacks :
- Tea with milk – Protein
- Noodles or Pasta – Carbohydrate, Fat
- Biscuits – Carbohydrate
For Dinner :
- Rice – Carbohydrate
- Lentil – Carbohydrate
- Curry with vegetables – Vitamin, Fiber
- Fish – Protein
I can say that my daily diet is almost balanced. But there is some shortage of minerals. My diet chart contains carbohydrates, protein, fiber, vitamins, fat, water which are the materials of a balanced diet. A balanced diet gives our body the nutrients it needs to function correctly. Without balanced nutrition, our body is more prone to disease, infection, fatigue, and low performance. A balanced diet is good for growth. A balanced diet is crucial for children and adolescents. As the body grows it is important to receive the right nutrients so that cells are built and maintained and the body grows at the right place. So, we all should take balanced food.